Thank you for choosing Red Bluff Pet Resort. Our pet resort is a unique, upscale pet boarding facility specializing in providing quality lodging and care for your cherished four-legged family members. Our associates work together as a team to provide a clean, caring, safe and fun atmosphere for pets to enjoy while their owners are away. You will take comfort in knowing that your pet is having as much fun on vacation as you are!
In exchange, we ask for your cooperation with our policies and procedures so that together we may provide a safe, healthy and fun home away from home for your pet. Please read the following carefully and request further explanation if needed.
1. Rates and Payment. Lodging is charged per night and activities are charged per day. Payment is due in full at
the time of pick up. Red Bluff Pet Resort accepts payments by cash, check, or major credit card.
2. Hours. Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Saturdays 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Sundays 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
3. Check-in and Check-out. Pets must check in and out during business hours. Check-out on Sunday is from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Any pet not picked up on the check-out date specified in the reservation may be moved to less spacious accommodations to make room for arriving pets. Red Bluff Pet Resort is happy to make changes over the phone prior to the check-out date to avoid moving the pet if space is available.
4. Reservations. All reservations must be secured by a valid credit card. For our extended stay guests (14 nights or more), the credit card on file will be charged for the full remaining balance every 14 days. If your pet’s stay unexpectedly becomes an extended stay, you are required to adhere to the procedures set forth in our Extended Stay Payment Agreement and will be asked to provide a valid credit card for regular payments.
5. Cancellation Policy and Changes to Reservations.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations for all accommodations must be made two days prior to your scheduled arrival date or one night’s board will be charged to the credit card on file. We appreciate your cooperation so we can accommodate as many guests and possible.
Changes to Reservations: Adding unscheduled days to your pet’s stay will be accommodated as long as space is available. We ask that you provide a 24 hour notice for all early pick-ups so that we can accommodate guests on our waiting list.
No Shows. A no show is defined as a guest who does not show up on their scheduled arrival date and does not call and cancel their reservation. All no shows will be charged one night’s board to the credit card on file according to the cancellation policy. Your room will be released and your reservation cancelled at the close of business on your scheduled arrival date.
Clients who repeatedly cancel reservations without appropriate notice or no show may be required to provide a non-refundable deposit equal to 50% of their scheduled reservation.
6. Activities. Red Bluff Pet Resort is dedicated to the idea that an active pet with lots of individualized attention is happier and enjoys a multitude of health benefits. All dogs boarding at Red Bluff Pet Resort will be taken outside three times a day for potty breaks and brief exercise. While not required for lodging at Red Bluff Pet Resort, additional activities may be scheduled during your pet’s stay, including group play, individual play, or brush me playtime. Keep in mind that activity is not always exercise. Some pets, especially those that are quiet or older, enjoy individual petting and cuddling.
7. Vaccinations. Red Bluff Pet Resort requires official records of vaccinations. Our staff will make every effort to obtain those records for you, but they must be received or delivered prior to lodging. Hand-written records, owner-administered vaccinations or vaccinations from a feed store are NOT acceptable. The following is required after the initial series of puppy or kitten shots:
Rabies (Required) – must be current based on state law
Canine Influenza (Required) – highly recommended for grooming only dogs; required for all other services
Rabies (Required) – must be current based on state law
8. General Health. All pets must be in good general health to stay at Red Bluff Pet Resort. Red Bluff Pet Resort is not licensed to provide veterinary care although Red Bluff Animal Hospital is available in case of emergencies. Pets exhibiting signs of illness, contagious viruses, etc., will not be accepted. Prior approval must be received from management for animals with diabetes who require insulin injections. Pets needing significant or special medical care should be boarded at a veterinary clinic.
9. Parasites. We strive for safety and the utmost in cleanliness at Red Bluff Pet Resort. In order to maintain our
high standards, a staff member will examine each pet for fleas, ticks and other parasites. If any are found, the pet will be treated immediately, at owner’s expense, before being allowed to enter guest quarters.
10. Behavioral Problems. No pets will be accepted if they demonstrate signs of or have a history of significant
aggression or separation anxiety. Any pet exhibiting dangerous aggressive behavior towards a person or another pet will not be allowed out of its enclosure (with no reduction in fees), may be muzzled for the duration of its stay, and/or may not be accepted for lodging in the future. A daily handling fee may be charged for pets that are difficult to manage.
11. Personal Items. Each pet is allowed one small blanket or towel and up to three toys in their enclosure. Other items that can be brought and stored: leashes and collars, owner’s dog food, and a small wire crate if desired. Items that cannot be brought: dog beds, food bowls, crates that obstruct the view of the pet, large furniture items, or extra toys. Other items are at the sole discretion of management. We appreciate your cooperation as we do not have room to store extra belongings.
All items must be clearly marked with your pet’s name. Although Red Bluff Pet Resort will do our best to return items to you, we cannot be responsible for any items left with your pet and cannot guarantee they will be returned in the same condition as brought in due to sanitation procedures. For safety reasons, tennis balls, rawhides and any items easily swallowed are also not allowed.
12. Bedding. One blanket, towel or t-shirt per pet (clearly marked with pet’s name) is allowed. Red Bluff Pet Resort is not responsible for these items, as they may get wet or dirty, or be damaged or destroyed during your pet’s stay. We do not allow dog beds due to sanitation procedures. For your convenience, all dog enclosures at our facility come with a raised bed or fleece kennel mat for comfort.
13. Laundry Service. All machine washable belongings will be laundered the evening before your pet’s departure. Machine washable belongings include blankets, towels, and some toys. Please do not leave belongings that you don’t want laundered as they may be soiled.
14. Food. Red Bluff Pet Resort serves Royal Canin GI Low Fat or Purina Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Formula. We recommend this food as it is very good for dogs under stress. Owners can bring their own food at no additional charge as long as the food is in an appropriate container labeled with the pet’s name, date of the feeding and feeding instructions. Large bags or containers of pet food are not accepted due to space limitations. Red Bluff Pet Resort provides stainless steel food and water bowls for your pet. Personal bowls are not accepted.
15. Treats. Red Bluff Pet Resort does not accept rawhide products or items that may present a risk to your pet while lodging. We are happy to give your pet healthy treats or treats labeled specifically for pets, but we reserve the right not to give treats that are unhealthy for your pet or that could make your pet sick during their stay.
16. Medications. Red Bluff Pet Resort will administer oral or topical medications for an additional fee of $1 per day per pet. Prescription medications should be provided in prescription containers which include the pet’s name, the name of the medication, the name of the dispensing doctor and/or veterinary hospital, and clear, written instructions for administering the medication. If medications are not properly labeled, a medication bag and label will be provided to you. Red Bluff Pet Resort gives medications in accordance to the instructions provided. It is the owner’s responsibility to provide enough medication for the duration of your pet’s stay. We are not responsible if your pet runs out of medication.
17. Crates. Red Bluff Pet Resort does not allow dog crates that obstruct our view of your pet to be placed in the enclosures because pets must be constantly visible to staff in order to observe and monitor pet health and behavior. Small wire crates will be accepted if desired.
18. Toys. A maximum of 3 toys are allowed per pet. Please understand that Red Bluff Pet Resort cannot be responsible for any item left with your pet and cannot guarantee they will be returned in the same condition. There is a risk of misplacing these items due to daily sanitizing and laundry procedures. Please do not bring favorite toys that may be lost. Tennis balls are prohitited.
19. Combining Pets. For pet safety reasons, Red Bluff Pet Resort does not allow pets from different families to be lodged in the same room. If requested, pets from the SAME family may lodge together. However, Red Bluff Pet Resort reserves the right to separate the pets if a problem arises, which may incur additional expense.
20. Leash. For the safety of all, pets are required to be on a leash and under control (or in a carrier) at all times
when in the custody of their owners and while in the lobby or check-in area.
21. Access to Lodging Area. To encourage a safe and low stress environment for guests and staff, Red Bluff Pet Resort may limit client access to the lodging area. Tours are welcome, but clients may not be allowed to access the lodging areas during peak times or when technicians and supervisory staff are feeding, exercising and providing care to our guests.
22. Medical Attention. Red Bluff Pet Resort makes every effort to provide a safe, stress-free experience for your
pet. However, some pets react differently to new environments and separation from owners, and there is even some risk that pets in the same family may engage in rough play and injure one another when lodging together. In non-emergency situations (e.g. continued diarrhea, loss of appetite), Red Bluff Pet Resort will contact the owner or owner’s designee to discuss recommended protocol. For emergencies in which urgent care or evaluation appears needed, we will transport your pet to Red Bluff Animal Hospital or the Animal Emergency Clinic immediately and then contact the owner. Any costs arising from medical care will be billed to the owner upon check-out.
23. Grooming Services. All boarding pets may take advantage of our grooming salon during their stay. Dogs staying 7 nights or more will receive 40% off a bath at the owner’s request. Baths include bath, brush, nail trim and ear cleaning. Pets receiving bathing or grooming services who check in with matts will incur a dematting fee. If the owner does not wish to pay for dematting they should let us know at check-in as grooming services may not be possible. We cannot bathe matted dogs without dematting them as it causes the matting to get worse.
24. Abandoned Pet. Please notify us if there is a change in your scheduled pick-up date. If you fail to check-out your pet on the scheduled pick-up date without making prior arrangements, Red Bluff Pet Resort will send a Notice of Intent to Consider the Pet Abandoned. If we do not hear from you or are unable to contact you for a period of fourteen (14) days following mailing of such notice, Red Bluff Pet Resort will consider your pet abandoned. You agree that you have relinquished ownership rights to your pet(s) to Red Bluff Pet Resort and we may dispose of or place the pet(s) as feasible. You agree and acknowledge that there are no guarantees made by Red Bluff Pet Resort that abandoned pets will be rehomed. Red Bluff Pet Resort will no longer be responsible for the care of your pet. The credit card on file will be charged for the full remaining balance. If the full balance cannot be collected, recurring payments will be set up until the balance is collected in full. Any balance left unpaid will be owed to Red Bluff Pet Resort and will be collected through legal means, if necessary. If suit has to be filed by Red Bluff Pet Resort for nonpayment of boarding fees, you acknowledge and agree that this will be considered breach of contract and you will reimburse Red Bluff Pet Resort for attorney fees, costs of court, case expenses and pre-judgement and post judgement interest at the maximum legal rate. Red Bluff Pet Resort will comply with all relevant Texas state laws with regard to abandoned pets.